09 September 2011

Bo Lou Piggy Mooncake 

Why it is Bo Lou Piggy : Look Below


The skin looks so much like Bo Lou Bread look. Well look below this is after 3 days, which I tied the ribbon.
 
Here is the mooncake recipe:


100g Plain Flour
30g Peanut Oil (change to Canola Oil)
65g Mayple Syrup
1/2 Alkaline Water

Filling:
non sugar added white lotus paste
2 tsp of icing sugar
melon seeds (lots cause I love them to bits) pre toast them till popping sound at 160C for 5 mins.

Egg Glace
1 yolk + 1 tbsp water + 1 tsp of syrup (strain after well mix)

Simply mix the oil & syrup till combine.
Pour into the Sifted flour, adding Alkaline water in, mix well.
Rest for 30 to 45minutes till it looks glossy to u.

I ratio Filling 30 and skin 20 (minus the nose, ears, tail)

Why I got Bo Lou look, I simply forgot to mix the egg glace & just use a whole beaten egg >.< to glace, so to readers, DONT BE LAZY for this step.

Preheat ur oven, 200C which I notice, gives it a more even color to all.
Bake at  180C for 10 mins, bring out to contionus glace it 2 times more for it bling bling colors.
NOTE: Reduce heat after 2 glace & put it at top rack at 160C for browning look- 3 mins check for non breaking of skin till golden brown.

PS: I use a helping tool of a digital beeper which is avaliable at Daiso for $2.


At home, 1 got 3 tester, whom all kept demanding for piggies which they said was great. Sweetness was just nice. It laboring & eye taxing for details lei. I did only 14 piggies and 4 Doremon(which left eyes can see, hence no Pictures of them) took me a Whole afternoon till 6pm & I got to cook dinner.  Note: its my first attempt for piggies

No comments:

Post a Comment